Wednesday, February 26, 2014

[KDrama] - Protect the Boss

 Protect The Boss 보스를 지켜라 is a 2011 drama starring Ji Sung and Choi Kang Hee.

It deals about a rascal boss called Cha Ji Heon, who somehow dislikes his job and is always late or unattentive when it comes to it. His father is very disappointed in him because he would like his son to become the next chairman. His troubles are about to end when Ji Heon's cousin Cha Moo Won, who also works at the same company but unlike his cousin is good at his job, appoints the unlucky but bubbly No Eun Sol as Cha Ji Heon's secretary.

Eun Sol and Ji Heon find out that they have "history" when they meet each other again. The two, infact, had previously met and the man had been threatned by a gang and the woman had protected him. JH doesn't want ES as his secretary and tries anything to make her quit. Soon he realizes that she can help him with his problem, his fear of the crowd. He quickly develops feelings for the woman and has to face his cousin who also likes ES, in a man-to-man battle to win her heart. In all this mess there is also Ji Heon's ex, who tries to mess with ES because she can't accept that both cousins like her who comes from a humble class.

Protect The Boss is a witty drama with funny scenes where the evil people don't look like they are evil nor mentally well themselves. Basically, the older people act as if they were five. It's quite funny how the younger guys seem smarter. Above all, I think Eun Sol can represent the usual real life girl. She is smart and tries to be a realist. She is also able to protect herself and is indipendent, unlike the other protagonists who are from a high class.

A problem I find in this drama, is that despite the actors in it are very good, the storyline doesn't seem to catch one's interest much. I'm on episode 10 right now and I feel bored to go on. This drama didn't have the effect others had on me, where I found myself at 1am still wanting to watch. I believe I am going to at least finish this one, but it won't be in my top ten for sure. Will update this post once I am finished with all the episodes!

No comments:

Post a Comment